Fuente Opus X Angels Share Robusto 2014 (TCVRW)

I’m with you on this. I’ve got about half a box of these left, purchased in 2016. They already started flattening out about a year ago. Being the mellower blend of the Opus family, I guess these are really meant to be smoked rather than aged.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’m with you on this. I’ve got about half a box of these left, purchased in 2016. They already started flattening out about a year ago. Being the mellower blend of the Opus family, I guess these are really meant to be smoked rather than aged.

Yeah that seems to be the case. I only had two total and smoked my first at about 4 years old. It was mild then too. I'd say throw that half box on your list to work through sooner than later. 

From what I understand, most of the Opus blends include aged tobacco and therefore smoke well as soon as they are released. I've found this especially the case with Angels Share.

Ive been trialing some of the Opus Oscuro over the last few years and it is getting better with age. Angels Share and regular Opus seem to hit a 'plenitude' then fade

2 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:

From what I understand, most of the Opus blends include aged tobacco and therefore smoke well as soon as they are released. I've found this especially the case with Angels Share.

Ive been trialing some of the Opus Oscuro over the last few years and it is getting better with age. Angels Share and regular Opus seem to hit a 'plenitude' then fade

Certainly could be the case. Blend also may have changed. When I started buying singles here and there in 2013-2015 I kept hearing how well they aged so decided to just put them away. Still have a decent amount of different vitolas of the regular opus line to test. We shall see.