Trinidad Coloniales 2017

Trinidad Coloniales -  Dic 2017

This was a single from a local cigar shop part of the PCC Group here in Taipei where i live. They had two left in a box from 2017. Dont mind if i do.

Opening

Lovely start, bit wonky burn. Rich flavors right out of the gate. Bitter chocolate and cocoa powder is there, so is a gingergread / baked cookies note as well as dried fruits apricot is where my mind wanders. Draw is just a tiny bit too tight, but definately manaable without issue.

End of 1/3. small change in flavor, intensity increses. Not rough, but not creamy or velvety either. In between. Some gravel or dry earth note arrives, and it becomes more toasty. gingerbread and cookies withdraw.

End of 2/3. no significant change in flavor. The gravel and earthy notes domiante now. It is a very good cigar, albeit short of spactacular. I am medium+ in body, almost full 

Closing thoughts. It finishes strong on the earth and gravel. I really enjoy this cigar. burn a bit uneven but corrected itself. I have not smoked much Trinidad but that needs to change. This one is 91 points for me,  with the opening and 1/3 being  92

trini4.jpg

trini3.jpg

trini2.jpg

trini1.jpg

• Like 3