Montecristo No.4 REG JUL 19 (MRW2)

I last reviewed this for the previous Montecristo review weekend two weeks ago. And was disappointed that it didn't have any Cinnamon spice. After my two spicy and one dimensional montes today a no 5 and an especial no 2 I was not so worried about that. Still was hoping it wouldn't be so much plain cream as last time.

I picked the most beautiful cigar from the box this time but it weighed in at 7.6g and I was worried it might be a wind tunnel so I went for another good looking stick and it came in at 8.2g a little light but not so anemic.

9mm punch cut and draw was perfect without the perfecdraw.

Light rain so smoked it sitting on my front porch. A little humid but I find as long as I don't get wet a mareva will smoke fine under these conditions.

Pre light draw of cocoa and slight Montecristo spice.

On light Cinnamon spice again. Transitions were quick. Almost like clockwork every 10 minutes. At first ten minute mark cream came in. Then at 20 minutes cocoa. At 30 minutes some coffee. By 40 minutes just cream, cocoa and coffee and just a hint of spice. By 50 minutes more coffee.

64 minute smoke time. Good given the slightly lighter weight and given that I'll normally smoke a mareva in 50-60 minutes.

Burn was uneven at times but generally self adjusting and manageable. No touch ups or relights necessary.

A tiny bit better than the Media Corona from last night. More complex flavours, and the Media Corona was over too quickly and left me wanting more. I'll give it a 93.

Edit: Forgot my drink pairing. Had a vodka, soda, lemon ready to go at 9pm, but my son stayed up way past his bedtime, so I drank it without the cigar, as I didn't get to smoke until after 11. So no drink for this one. Though I should have just grabbed a can of club soda...

20200828_233037_copy_2699x1988.jpg

20200828_235344.jpg

20200829_001417.jpg

20200829_003741.jpg

• Like 4