Boveda Mounting Plate Falling

kevpro

I just opened my Humidor to the below picture. I had a 320g Boveda on a 320g Boveda Mounting Plate attached to the lid for about 3 months then it fell. Luckily no damaged cigars so it's not a huge deal, but I did notice the adhesive was poorly applied and will be contacting Boveda. 

I am wondering though, even if I get a replacement has this happened to anyone else? Do most of you store your humidity device attached the the humidor lid?

Worst case I lay it on the bottom of the humidor, but that takes up a decent amount of space and I would have wasted the $ for the mounting plate.

image.thumb.png.62c78faef9458b536fc6cd1082ec10c0.png

image.thumb.png.14d1b5e48e6bc00d3e7e578530ad9016.png

It's a pain In the ass , but I'd just scrape off the old tape and head over to your hardware shop and get the 3M heavy duty double sided tape.

It'd be stuck on permanently like forever. I wouldn't fuss over this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, wolfain said:

It's a pain In the ass , but I'd just scrape off the old tape and head over to your hardware shop and get the 3M heavy duty double sided tape.

It'd be stuck on permanently like forever. I wouldn't fuss over this.

Thanks! Something like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch-1-in-x-1-66-yds-Permanent-Double-Sided-Extreme-Mounting-Tape-414DC-SF/203405976

Lol yes. I have used this before, it can hold up really heavy stuff.

Scotch 3M heavy duty mounting tape is also ok, holds up to a 1kg. If you wanna save some money.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice humidor for the price and it isn't easy to find the XL.  Get it at Binny's?  Think I just picked up the same one.

If you go the route of using new tape try to stick it in place but don't hang the Boveda on it for a day or two to let the adhesive set up and get the full bond strength. 

If the wood was sealed in that area you would have a hard time beating good old 3M VHB tape which is similar to what you linked but slightly stronger (search Amazon for a million choices).  Sadly it doesn't do so well on unsealed surfaces.