Romeo y Julieta Tres Petit Corona PTS FEB 06 (RyJRW)

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

The Tres Petit Corona is fairly ordinary in appearance. The wrapper is a matte medium colorado, with a plain texture and a few large veins wrinkling the surface. The aroma at cold is muted, but vaguely leathery. It ignites well and produces a firm, consistent draw. Perfectly Cuban. The smoke output is exceptional for such a small cigar, and the ash is characteristically flaky, with a salt and pepper gray color.

IMG_20190420_212614.thumb.jpg.09bbe11f5503f696d95a2c758e4dc5c1.jpg

The first half inch produces a generic woody flavor without much depth or interest. But luckily, the profile opens up very suddenly. The next few draws are full of a creamy nougat sweetness, and the woody base acquires some depth and leather notes.

By the time the smoke is approaching the midpoint, the sweetness has shifted. It isn't as creamy at this point, but is markedly floral. It isn't really related to the rosewater sweetness that some recent Romeos produce; it's less specific than that. There's also a sharp white pepper note on the retrohale, and the aroma off the foot is pleasantly spicy.

The performance of the Tres Petit has been excellent.

As the burn approaches the band, the spice from the retrohale has made its way to the palate and melded into a nice, generalized spice. Or a bit of malevolence, as @El Presidente might say! It's a kind of mild, salted red pepper that's really enjoyable.

This turns out to have been a slightly odd little cigar. It has a variety of pleasant flavors that changes over the course of the smoke and holds my interest well. But it really only has hints of any of the standard Romeo characteristics. I will say, though, that the flavors are sharp and vibrant which leads me to believe that these will continue to age well and haven't passed their prime yet. At this point, I'd wager it's sitting at a score of about 89. 

Guest Nekhyludov
48 minutes ago, THEMISCHMAN said:

Great review. I have to ask though. What’s the deal with the formatting of the text? Big blue font to small black. Interesting nonetheless and sounds like an enjoyable cigar. Hope you enjoyed it

Is the formatting weird? It looks normal in my view.