Quai D'Orsay 54 Review ASR OCT 18 (PQDRW)

Despite my better judgement, I decided to pull one of these bad boys out of the humidor for the purposes of this review. I picked this box of 10 up locally a couple of weeks ago after hearing all the rave reviews. The store keeps the humidity in their humidor much too high for my liking so I've been trying to dry these out a bit before really digging into them. This is my second one from the box. This one is already considerably more dry than the first one that I tried right after purchasing, but still more more humidified than I prefer.

I can't really break this review down into 1/3rds, because, like the previous one I smoked, I didn't really experience enough evolution to report. 

The cigar has an almost grassy, hay-like flavor which I find very enjoyable. There's a lot of toasted tobacco notes and just toast in general. There's a little bit of leather hiding in their somewhere as well. There was also a little bit of pepper poking through at times. 

The construction is very good albeit slightly under-filled. The burn is razor sharp until about halfway through when the wind started picking up and wrecking havoc on how well it burned. 

As I entered the final 3rd, it's youth really started to shine and there was some slightly tannic notes and it became more difficult to keep properly lit. 

The flavors where consistent and enjoyable throughout, but it's far from what it's capable of being in a few years time, I imagine. 

All in all, an enjoyable experience. I do think these are quite nice smokes and I'm still trying to decide whether to go back and pick up the remaining box at my local store. I would probably give this an 86 or 87. I think in a few more months that might be up into the 90's. 

IMG-3675.JPG

IMG-3677.JPG

IMG-3679.JPG

• Like 2