Toy of the week: The Man Van

3 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

One of these kitted out for travelling/sleeping/camping type thing would be brilliant. A Bruce Springsteen lyric comes to mind... I went out for a ride drive and I never went back. :yes:

Have you seen the off-road trailers that are decked out for traveling/camping? There are some truly badass little campers out there, extremely lightweight, and cheap as well. Much more economical than the van, I'm sure. Some are so light, they can be pulled by just about anything too.

Just now, Derboesekoenig said:

Have you seen the off-road trailers that are decked out for traveling/camping? There are some truly badass little campers out there, extremely lightweight, and cheap as well. Much more economical than the van, I'm sure. Some are so light, they can be pulled by just about anything too.

Yep. Not into the trailer deal. Customising a van like that would be the go. For me, anyway. Each to their own. : )

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

nissan-nv300-2.jpg

Wait....is that @MoeFOH in there? Is this what Czar central really looks like?

So THAT’S how you guys stay one step ahead of the authorities. 

• Like 1

Van conversions are so common these days. I just ordered a new Mercedes Sprinter for work, and I was told about 30% of all sales (at this dealership) were for conversion into campers, and another 15% into mobile office/workshop.

13 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Van conversions are so common these days. I just ordered a new Mercedes Sprinter for work, and I was told about 30% of all sales (at this dealership) were for conversion into campers, and another 15% into mobile office/workshop.

Wow. Would not have thought stats were that high. Good to know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

Wow. Would not have thought stats were that high. Good to know. 

Grey nomads and motocross comp riders seem to be the biggest buyers. I had to get a new security barrier installed in my old Transit van, and the company that did the job told me they had a 6 month backlog of people wanting to convert vans into campers. Good thing is, you don't need to upgrade your licence to drive it (like those big motorhomes), and if you need more storage space, just tow a trailer.

A Merc Sprinter 416 has a 2 metric ton load capacity, so you can fit out the back with a helluva lot of stuff. Go for a long wheelbase 419 (same size as an ambulance) and travel in luxury.