Ramon Allones Specially Selected (2017/18) 12DCRC

So I couldn't resist, and decided to dip into the Christmas Sampler for my first one.  I decided on the RASS, since it's been so lauded on here.  They've been sitting in my tupperdor for a couple of weeks, so I figured that while early, it might go ok.  TL;DR, was a little tight and had some burning issues.

Started with black coffee, my Christmas blend, and was in the middle of making Chex Mix for favors for the wedding at the end of the month.  Why not have a(nother) great Cuban while baking and watching the Falcons?

First third was a little spice  and cedar.  Good construction, but some uneven burning as I smoked it down.  The kid helped me by chasing squirrels

Second was a little bit of leather and cedar, started to flume a bit on  one side.  I had to relight a couple of times.

I switched to a nice Wyoming Whiskey (evidently the only cask in GA?  was very nice with some sweet notes)

Finish was a bit wonky.  Didn't have to relight, but very uneven burn at the end.  Got it as far as I could.  I'd absolutely smoke them again, but I worry that the sampler is just too fresh and not adjusted enough.  Regardless, I'll be smoking a few more before the wedding on New Years Eve, and then searching for good pickups in Israel and Rome! :)

rass1.jpg

rass2.jpg

rass3.jpg

rass4.jpg

rass5.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, but I'm compelled to review lol.  I'm loving that there's cigars in here I've not tried yet.  Some that I'd never get a box blind on, some sizes that I just never  smoke (double corona?  I'll need an afternoon), etc.

• Like 2

So I couldn't resist, and decided to dip into the Christmas Sampler for my first one.  I decided on the RASS, since it's been so lauded on here.  They've been sitting in my tupperdor for a couple of weeks, so I figured that while early, it might go ok.  TL;DR, was a little tight and had some burning issues.
Started with black coffee, my Christmas blend, and was in the middle of making Chex Mix for favors for the wedding at the end of the month.  Why not have a(nother) great Cuban while baking and watching the Falcons?
First third was a little spice  and cedar.  Good construction, but some uneven burning as I smoked it down.  The kid helped me by chasing squirrels
Second was a little bit of leather and cedar, started to flume a bit on  one side.  I had to relight a couple of times.
I switched to a nice Wyoming Whiskey (evidently the only cask in GA?  was very nice with some sweet notes)
Finish was a bit wonky.  Didn't have to relight, but very uneven burn at the end.  Got it as far as I could.  I'd absolutely smoke them again, but I worry that the sampler is just too fresh and not adjusted enough.  Regardless, I'll be smoking a few more before the wedding on New Years Eve, and then searching for good pickups in Israel and Rome!

rass1.jpg.b84c8b8c9c5535e722fc425c4f99cb53.jpg
rass2.thumb.jpg.0a0c4d397ff2a957bf788d35377db5b8.jpg
rass3.jpg.0fdf3af42803d413c989e9a0308b0b87.jpg
rass4.thumb.jpg.295b09dda01b36917d2afffd72ba0953.jpg
rass5.jpg.0215d9a560832dd57c8db9b722b16a75.jpg
I have a box of them.....they are amazing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1