On 5/2/2018 at 9:46 PM, PapaDisco said:

Ah, so it is the North American wide mouth bass that is the proverbial blowfish . . . :thinking: 

Depends on the bait...

On 5/3/2018 at 3:06 AM, 99call said:

I had heard a story related to this 'treatment'. I'm not sure if the addition is urban myth or not. but my mate said a male nurse friend had done this to themselves, but were so trashed, that they had managed to knock the bag down from height, during the night, and woke up to a plump bag of half saline, half his own blood on the floor,  and a head that felt like Satans toilet. 

Again, the jury is definitely out on weather this ever happened, but if it did, good lord, that must of been a bad morning.

:D Must have scared the sh*t out of him! :P   Saline IV's and drinking water are similar quick fixes, but only temporary.  They don't help you rid the bloodstream of CnH2n+1OH, but they temporarily thin it out.  It's just as if you had been drinking scotch and water instead of scotch all night.  But once you piss out the extra hydration you're still left with alcohol for your liver to process (or for you to exhale).  Now if you keep yourself over hydrated long enough, the CnH2n+1OH will be gone and you'll be a happy camper.