CAO Amazon Basin Weekend Review Competition

CAO Amazon Basin

Wrapper: Ecuadoran Sumatra

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Dominican Republic, Colombian, Brazilian Braganca

6x52

From the CAO website: . Grown in a remote region in the Amazon Rainforest, CAO Amazon Basin uses a rare tobacco called Braganca that is organically grown on unspoiled tropical land and harvested only once every three years. The Braganca leaf is thoughtfully surrounded by tobaccos from five different countries, giving you a smoking experience unlike any other.  

Bread, cocoa, woodsy flavors nice smoke production nice tight ash every once and there’s a step like taste that creeps in just enough to make you look at the cigar 

Notes of Chocolate wood return burn line is still sharp, toward the end of the second third hickory wood is the dominant flavor

The flavors stay the same throughout the last third a lot of cocoa and wood. The band is even smokable 

6A10A0A3-271C-4518-8861-33E888670C9B.jpeg

D47BE01E-3095-41E1-B104-E6586BB5F209.jpeg

4389E2C3-C3F9-4428-892F-8D25C7F69105.jpeg

0E3E4DCF-C227-40AA-8484-CE91811D2E32.jpeg

• Like 4

This cigar is in my top 5 for 2017.   For me, it was heavy coffee and cream.   Dark roast coffee.  Had a very noticeable sweet component as well.  I know a lot of "I only smoke Cuban's" won't touch it, and it is too bad, for them.  Nice review. 

I also had the anaconda, but the pepper was too much for me.  Letting the rest chill out for awhile.  I'm sure with some time, it will be wonder.

• Like 1