Fonseca Cosacos

Guest The_Stogemiester

Guest The_Stogemiester

Fonseca Cosacos - 42 x 5 3/8 - Box code - DTF JUN 03

Appearance and Construction (12 of 15 points possible)

A nice solid stick with a Medium Brown wrapper, semi oily and with a little vein. The cigar has a wonderfull pre-light aroma full of rich tobacco and barnyard. These come wrapped in a tissue type paper with the Band around it, IMO it tends to offer some protection while letting the cigar breath and age.

Flavor (23 of 25 points possible)

This cigar started out mild-medium bodied but the flavors were full, well Pronounced, complex and rich. Flavors were comprised of cream, wood, toasted earth and a solid core of leather. I also picked up some coffea bean notes in the later half along with some increase in the body of the cigar.

The cigar ended nicely with a solid medium body, medium length finish and I nubbed it.

Smoking Characteristics (24 of 25 points possible)

The aroma is full, meaty and has good toasty tobacco notes. The draw on this cigar is perfect IMO, not loose but just the right amount of resistence. I got good amounts of smoke with every puff as it smoked like a dream. The salt and pepper ash dropped at 1 1/2", a nice consistency with crunch. The cigar burned straight till the end and never required a relight or touch up.

Overall Impression (31 of 35 points possible)

A nice cigar with finesse that should be enjoyed alone or with some water, tea, or coffea (IMO). Its very rich with a nice complexity, complimented with very good smoking characteristics. Its a cigar that should be given a shot at least once. If you want a cigar at a good price point, medium bodied and with finesse you should give it a go. I think fans of ERDM, JL, and HDM would enjoy these as well.

Overall Score - 90

• 2 months later...

» No problem Guilow, nice to see ya hear.;-)

I have always been a fan of this cigar. A nice everyday smoke with a lot of flavor. I'm a little saddened that my last box had a few cigars with too tight a draw.