Ode to The cigar I just smoked - Partagas SD5 Aug16

I haven't done a review in a long while but felt that this was one I could attempt.

My cigar of choice was a SD5 that I picked up in January in Havana. Only had three out of the box but all have had wonderful pre-light draws, with that telltale rolled ball under the cap when I used a circle punch on it.

9d2dfe2a5bf1c4b4c89451f9656c488d.jpg

When I torched it it really started off with an even burn and cracked with pepper. It's always a struggle to figure out the flavor transitions so as to provide the journey of the cigar but this was pepper and more pepper for about the first third of it. It slowly started in there to include a bit of a toasted bread. 3fc47bd9958574e8d250212957ace636.jpg

Had that taste floating on the back of my tongue as it rolled into the middle section as the pepper retreated but didn't leave entirely and a smooth bit of toast emerged with kind of nutty undertone popping up here and there. I didn't get any cream or fruit in any of the length however.

e4b50dfa7aa6fa024f6102064f2457ab.jpg

Lastly, the toast remained until the end as the nutty flavor became more pronounced. I picked up more pepper at the very end but the burn was becoming more uneven at this point and I feel that was starting to affect the taste overall. 0feeee873d7ba810fc10f5c1c3b4ef41.jpg

This was a great relaxing smoke to have in the early evening with not much humidity and a good even 70F temp. Probably not the nuanced review many of you could provide but this is a current favorite of mine based upon this experience. Must get some more soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2