Palm Springs Golf and cigar recommendations appreciated!

Hello everyone.  I will be in Palm Springs with a couple friends Feb 19-24.  We are planning on playing a few rounds of golf while there. Any recommendations for some decent courses in the area?  We are looking for good value courses, nothing to crazy difficult as we are 20+hcp golfers.   I'd like to keep it under $125 per round.

Also, are there any good spots to enjoy cigars in town? Restaurants/lounges/bars etc.  If anyone is free, perhaps we can meet up for a cigar or two.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the Indian Canyons (North) course, along with Silver Rock. Played Desert Willow (Firecliff) last month and it was gorgeous.

Have also enjoyed playing both Indian Wells Golf Resort courses (Celebrity and Players), as well as the Mission Hills Gary Player course.

Terra Lago can be fun and interesting, but it can be extremely windy in Indio. 

That's a tuff question. They have over 300 courses scattered throughout that area. As far as cigar spots. Again, there is only one that I know of. It's right smack in the middle of Palm Springs main street. They don't have much for outside seating. They also charge you to light up your own smokes($8-$10) So bring your own. fame Cigars and Wine is the name. I go there all the time. 

On 2/1/2017 at 9:53 AM, beparrish said:

I'm a big fan of the Indian Canyons (North) course, along with Silver Rock. Played Desert Willow (Firecliff) last month and it was gorgeous.

Have also enjoyed playing both Indian Wells Golf Resort courses (Celebrity and Players), as well as the Mission Hills Gary Player course.

Terra Lago can be fun and interesting, but it can be extremely windy in Indio. 

Indian Wells was the nicest course I've played but I'm a duffer who belongs on muni courses.  It's a bit pricey but it's a gorgeous course and they take good care of it. 

You always pay a huge premium for desirable tee times, I try and play afternoons bc I don't mind heat and as I previously stated, I suck.  I prefer as few spectators as possible.

Damn I should show up (45 min away) to show you how to golf with my low handicap of 30 or so. At least I could bring the Cuban cigars to make up for the golf balls I would have to borrow!

4 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

Damn I should show up (45 min away) to show you how to golf with my low handicap of 30 or so. At least I could bring the Cuban cigars to make up for the golf balls I would have to borrow!

You should join us for a round.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:24 PM, MrGinger said:

You should join us for a round.

Damn, I'd take you up on that Brother (thank you). Gonna be on travel that week. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Fame looked pretty nice. I didn't get a chance to smoke there. Just passed by during Village fest. Tinder box is north of there. Bunch of guys having a herf on the corner. Brought their own chairs though. 

Village fest was definitely cool to check out if you are there on a Thursday.