Hello from NW corner of the USA

JR Kipling

Hello everyone. I do quite a bit of traveling, but am currently writing this from the upper NW corner of the USA.

I got back into cigar smoking after being away from it for more than 10 years. (Nasal & sinus problems.)  Yes, I remember the 90s cigar boom well !   - - Last spring I drove by a cigar lounge, and on a whim thought I'd go in.  Oh the wonderful sights & aromas in their humidor !  :D  And they had beer on tap from a local micro-brewery. I ordered a pint and lit up my first cigar in over a decade . . . and it was wonderful.  The old sinus and allergy issues were gone. I can now enjoy cigars again. I am a happy man.

I found this website, as likely others have done, by doing a websearch on a few cigars I was interested in. I thoroughly enjoyed the honest and humour filled FOH reviews on YouTube.  I look forward to participating on the forum & learning more about habanos.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Iznogood said:

Welcome by another new member, but I'm also new to this hobby as well.

My sinuses are acting up on my lately, what problems have you had and how did you deal with it?

Thanks for the welcome.

I had allergy ('hay fever') in the past, which would also cause sinus problems. So, I had a stuffed up nose and pressure felt in my head from blocked sinuses. Pollen or smoke would trigger this reaction. I love activities outdoors and enjoy a nice campfire - but I had to give that up along with my cigars. These things aren't enjoyable when you can't breathe through your nose & have a sinus headache.

Fast forward 10+ years later and my earlier mentioned experience in the cigar lounge. It seems that I am no longer bothered by smoke. :D After discovering this, I even started a campfire as an experiment. No problem with that either.

I tried many things during the time allergies & sinuses  bothered me. Most of those remedies were of no more than minor help. People do sometimes 'grow out of' their allergies, That may have happened to me. I also moved to an area that has much less tree pollen than where I had lived for so many years before. Perhaps that is at the root of my improvement.

All the best regarding your sinuses. Everyone's situation is different. I hope you find what works best for you. Nothing that I actually did myself, provided much relief to me. But that doesn't mean your experience will be the same. - JR

• Like 1