Last man on the moon passes

A sad day for history when you lose the last person to touch the dusty surface of the moon. Eugene Cernan passed away yesterday, he was 82 but boy he packed a lot into those years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren said:

A sad day for history when you lose the last person to touch the dusty surface of the moon. Eugene Cernan passed away yesterday, he was 82 but boy he packed a lot into those years.

Thats too bad...I enjoyed his book and saw a lot of very interesting interviews with him. So much so when I bought my Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch I bought on with a case back that honored him.

cernan_back.jpg

saluteas17-134-20380_custom-63fecf2d0e709e936b93ba21d4ecaf87f86c3c19-s1500-c85.jpg

• Like 1

I worked for an Engineering company he co-owned years ago. Sad indeed, but what a life he lived.

12 hours ago, SaintMickey® said:

Thats too bad...I enjoyed his book and saw a lot of very interesting interviews with him. So much so when I bought my Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch I bought on with a case back that honored him.

cernan_back.jpg

saluteas17-134-20380_custom-63fecf2d0e709e936b93ba21d4ecaf87f86c3c19-s1500-c85.jpg

Yes I have watched a couple of documentaries on Cernan also. I have always been fascinated by the Apollo missions and what was achieved. I will never forget as a small boy walking home from school to watch Armstrong take that first step on the moon. I also wear an Omega Speedmaster. Partly because I love the watch but the moon landing and the fact that I witnessed it in real time make me love the watch more.

speedy reduced.jpg

• Like 1