Plug and Play Temperature and Air Humidity Controller?

dodger29

Hi All,

Looking into a wineador project and having researched the forum extensively I understand this type of project is fraught with danger and very possibly failure for the inexperienced.

I have a desktop humidor and enjoying the thrill of starting to collect a modest number (40) of cigars but reluctant to start buying boxes as I am concerned about the conditions of the only place suitable for me to keep my stash.

The most stable room in my house sits at somewhere between 24degC and 28degC and 69rH-79rH. (this is now, coming into the cooler months of the year, hotter and higher humidity in the summer!)

My timber humidor fluctuates between these ambient room temps and I have 2 x 69% Boveda Packs in the box which seems to keep the humidor at around 73/74rH.

It is due to the above, that I am looking towards a Wineador.

I have studied Ray's excellent wineador project build notes pinned at the top of this forum and do not feel confident to tackle something like this, yet.

My question is this....I have found pre-wired "plug and play" style temperature and air humidity controllers on eBay....

AC 240V Digital Thermostat Control Temperature Controller Switch Relay Sensor

AC 240V Pre-wired Digital Air Humidity Control Controller Hygrometer Meter RH AU

...... would the use of these types of controllers used in conjunction with a good quality TE fridge provide me with a storage solution that is not rubbish?

Or, should I do away with the active humidification control and go with a passive (beads/boveda) system and use the fridge only for temperature control?

Thanks!

I currently have a large self contained humidor with digital humidity and temperature control. When things started to get tight for space I looked for some used wine fridges and added digital humidifiers into each one. They have worked out great. I monitor each one every couple of days and they hold humidity very well. The fridge cooling portion will only be needed during the warmer weather.

I currently have a large self contained humidor with digital humidity and temperature control. When things started to get tight for space I looked for some used wine fridges and added digital humidifiers into each one. They have worked out great. I monitor each one every couple of days and they hold humidity very well. The fridge cooling portion will only be needed during the warmer weather.