BATMAN: The Killing Joke - First Footage

MIKA27

Our First Ever Look at Bruce Timm's Animated Adaptation of The Killing Joke

It’s one of the most famous comic books of all time, and now we have our first look at the upcoming adaptation of Alan Moore’s The Killing Joke, starring Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

A teaser and behind the scenes featurette has appeared for the film, giving us a good look at the the origins of the story and why it was such a big hit, as well as what the film is going to look like.
It’s interesting to see some of the changes that they’re making: they’re adding on a new prologue, and they’re (thankfully) doing more with Barbara Gordon, especially given that her treatment in the comic has been one of its most controversial legacies.
The talent behind it is already spectacular, but from the glimpses that we see of the film, this looks like it’s going to be a really great adaptation of the comic.
The Killing Joke is slated for release sometime this year.
BONUS:
  • Like 1

Thanks for the share! Definitely looks interesting. Always concerned when something that is this much of a classic gets any kind of film adaptation...hope they do it justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the share! Definitely looks interesting. Always concerned when something that is this much of a classic gets any kind of film adaptation...hope they do it justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched pretty much all of DC's animated shows and they have never disappointed thus far. :)

• Like 2

This looks great! I hope it's released in theaters, would def pay to watch this on the big screen.

• 4 weeks later...

We Finally Have A Trailer For Bruce Timm's The Killing Joke Movie

The definitive Batman voice actors have returned for an animated adaptation of one of the most famous stories in comics history, and everything about it looks fantastic.

We’ve already learned that there will be some places where The Killing Joke strays away from the source material: namely that there will be a new prologue, and that Barbara Gordon will be getting a slightly more respectful treatment. Still, many of the scenes in this trailer are ripped straight from Brian Bolland’s pages, and will — if the original comic is any indicator — be among Mark Hamill’s most terrifying performances as Gotham’s clown prince.
The Killing Joke will premier this year at San Diego Comic-Con, but a release date still has yet to be announced.

I've watched pretty much all of DC's animated shows and they have never disappointed thus far. smile.png

You never saw Superman: Doomsday, huh?

I'm keen as for this

Not a huge fan of the animation style but if the story is close I'll be happy

• Like 1

You never saw Superman: Doomsday, huh?

I'm keen as for this

Not a huge fan of the animation style but if the story is close I'll be happy

I've seen all the batman stuff which I guess I was referring to, though in hindsight, didn't clarify :) Not a huge Superman fan hence why I loved Batman v Superman and he had his a$$ handed to him. ;)