Cohiba Siglo IV

Colt45

Singles, no codes

Construction: excellent, nice and firm

Wrapper: light caramel in color, smooth, but with a fine tooth, no sheen, lightly veined

Draw: perfect! good resistance without being tight. The burn was nearly razor straight,

with fantastic smoke volume. Every cigar should draw and burn like this one did

Taste: first third was all latte creaminess, with underlying spice. After that, it settled

into a more earthy, cedary, nutty profile, with slight hints of raisiny fruit, that

did not last. The last third became darker, much more earthy and musky.

Overall, this was a great cigar. Though it still showed hints of youth, it was smooth and quite refined, which I've found with Cohiba in general. I can only imagine what these are like with some time on them. A solid 90, which I'm sure will go up.

Nice review and I agree on most points especially the fine construction found on the Sig. IV. I do find these on the med-mild side and overall prefer the III and VI. I will switch back and forth the Boli CE when a corona gorda is desired.

The Sig IV seems (to me anyways) to be one cigar that actually becomes stronger with age. I recently smoked a couple I had leftover from a box I bought about 3 yrs. ago and they seemed to now have even more strength and intense flavors than at 4-6 months of age, no mellowing whatsoever.

I have friends who are some very experienced Cohiba fanatics and they swear by the Siglo IVs.... therefore, it must be me, these just never did it for me - I have tried several with varying amounts of age on them from a few years to 6 months --always found them way too mild (although I do agree that the construction on these is beautiful.)

But that's just another reason that this thing of ours is a great hobby; tastes vary as do people and to me the real fun is in the journey to discovering what you really like..... Thanks for a well presented review...