Newair 281 Has Me Scratching.....

vinnyvega

my head. Lol!!

So I got tired of moving my Aristocrat and coolidors around the house depending on the time of the year. I bought a couple Newairs so in the summer, temperature won't be an issue. My coolidors and Aristocrat were at 70 degrees and 69 RH before I moved everything in the Newairs. I have about 30-35 boxes split between the two. I have two computer fans in each under the bottom wire shelf to circulate air. I have 2 1/12 pounds of 60% RH humidity in both. Both humidors are at 63 degrees. Rock solid. The RH. 70% on the top and the bottom. Rock solid. No variantion. Hygros are calibrated. Drain hole is plugged. I have not opened the fridge it two weeks until tonight. The beads are 85% white. Zero condensation at the bottom. Many more cabs than dress boxes.

I have read every thread on the interweb regarding this specific model Newair. WTF is going on here? My basement's ambeint temperature is 74 degrees and 86% RH. I think I covered all the bases. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Besides some other conditions, you moved a large volume of tabacco, wood and paper from 70 degree and 69% RH to 63 degree.

RH is relative ! Lower temperature, same ammount of water = higher RH !

If you want to keep the lower temperature you need to take water out of your system !

You could increase the temperature a bit, take out the beads, dry them out before placing them back in the fridge.

Stabilize the system and them lower the temperature slowly over 2-3 weeks.

Monitor the RH, swop the beads if to wet with dry once.

Take your time.

Besides some other conditions, you moved a large volume of tabacco, wood and paper from 70 degree and 69% RH to 63 degree.

RH is relative ! Lower temperature, same ammount of water = higher RH !

If you want to keep the lower temperature you need to take water out of your system !

You could increase the temperature a bit, take out the beads, dry them out before placing them back in the fridge.

Stabilize the system and them lower the temperature slowly over 2-3 weeks.

Monitor the RH, swop the beads if to wet with dry once.

Take your time.

Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

Makes sense!

• Like 1

I am

Having very similar problem in my 2.5 cubic feet whynter

Rh won't come down

I started with 1 lb of heartfelt beads and they won't go clear it's as if they're not taking on the moisture

Added another lb today hoping that tomorrow j will start seeing a drop

My 27 bottle thermo is finicky as heck. It's Been more than a year and I'm still having issues. Can't get the RH down in some parts of the wineador. HF beads don't seem to be working as well as the boveda but I don't have empirical evidence, just a feel. I live in a wet climate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk