To no surprise, Panama got hosed. Mexico got all the big decisions, and that penalty at the end of regular time was never a penalty. Just like the penalty they got at the end of extra time against Costa Rica was never a penalty. Last night's disaster was overseen by referee Mark Geiger, an American embarrassment second only to the play of our team in the other semifinal against Jamaica. Had the US played well, they would have had to have liked their chances against a sleepwalking Mexican side in the final. Now we're looking at a tricky one-off in October for the right to play in the Confederations Cup in 2017. Klinsmann will have to take a long, hard look in the mirror after last night's debacle.

• Like 1

I find it so frustrating to watch our national team. Having players sent down for being out of shape, (dealing with injuries that should have prevented them from being selected in the 1st place) Klinsmann employing strange strategies and the core of our team getting ever older. Anyway, the Rugby World Cup is on deck.

To no surprise, Panama got hosed. Mexico got all the big decisions, and that penalty at the end of regular time was never a penalty. Just like the penalty they got at the end of extra time against Costa Rica was never a penalty. Last night's disaster was overseen by referee Mark Geiger, an American embarrassment second only to the play of our team in the other semifinal against Jamaica. Had the US played well, they would have had to have liked their chances against a sleepwalking Mexican side in the final. Now we're looking at a tricky one-off in October for the right to play in the Confederations Cup in 2017. Klinsmann will have to take a long, hard look in the mirror after last night's debacle.

I completely agree, the ref decided this game not the players. While I'm American, my wife's Panamaian so they are our other home team. The defeat was so deflating.