Fear The Walking Dead - TWD Spin-off

MIKA27

The Walking Dead Spinoff Finally Has A Name

the_walking_dead.jpg

Fear The Walking Dead. For years, we’ve been wondering how the zombie apocalypse represented in Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead graphic novels actually started, and it’s looking more and more certain that we’ll find out very soon. There’s a new spin-off series from Kirkman, it’s called Fear The Walking Dead, and it’s about the start of the outbreak.
US home of The Walking Dead and other great shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Halt And Catch Fire, AMC recently announced that it would bankroll two full seasons of Fear The Walking Dead. The show will at least initially focus on the outbreak of the virus in Los Angeles, and from this fifteen-second teaser, it looks like it should be a lot of fun — especially if you’re already a fan of TWD.

I know I'm seriously looking forward to this. I'm addicted to The Walking Dead ;)
  • Like 2

My youngest son and I are looking forward to this. We watch TWD every Sunday night together...quality Father/Son time. smile.png

During last night's show we saw a trailer for the new Terminator movie, this is something else both my sons and I are really looking forward to. We have spent many hours together over the years watching and re-watching the Terminator movies. I think it's pretty cool when my kids appreciate movies that I loved while growing up.

Hi Clint - Couldn't agree more.

My son and I both have a very similar interest in movies, we watch them all the time together.

This year is brilliant for movies, my son and I are looking forward to the next 9 months of flicks coming out.

I have initiated my son to Terminator, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Star Wars to name a few. He loves them all where initially he didn't want to bother. Now he asks me if there is more and as you know, there are heaps. peace.gif

• Like 2

Jaws, Poltergeist, First Blood, Predator, The Thing...I could go on and on. My older guy has even set up the old tv and vcr in his room so he can watch a lot of my older movies on vhs. I guess maybe there's a nostalgia in it for him.

I sorta feel sorry for our kids in that movies today seem to be really lacking something that made movies of our generation special.

I remember coming out of Rocky III shadow boxing, freaking out when that giant boulder was rolling towards Indiana Jones, being scared shitless to turn on the tv after Poltergeist, choking up and "almost" shedding a tear when I thought ET was dead, wanting to be a fighter pilot after seeing Top Gun, going out and buying a skateboard after Back to the Future...sadly I don't think our kids have had feelings any where near this impactful from the movies of their time. Sad.

For starters I don't think the over use of cgi has made movies any better....some of it is done very well but much of it is over the top and just detracts from the "believability factor" for me. And the fact that Hollywood can't come up with an original idea any more doesn't help either.

100% agree with you on all points.

I recall watching ET at the Drive-In, my younger brother, sister and I all cried! biggrin.png What great memories.

Remakes never come close to the originals.

Another classic CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, another classic. Something about Spielberg movies brings back memories, I know I was a BMX kid myself and those movies really nail it with what childhood was those days. I could almost smell the air. :)

A great example of a remake gone bad and weather you like it or not is The Poseidon adventure.

The original is a classic, the remake used heavy CGI but the 'Body" of the movie really lacked depth. I feel alot of the older movies had more guts to it compared to the watered down remakes.

Yeah, looking forward to this one....I think it's a good move given the success of TWD. And the great thing is that it will aired over the summer so we have something to watch before the next season of TWD starts up!

• 2 weeks later...