Cabinet Humidor Lighting

SmittyinAZ

I bought low voltage led strip lights in pack that had four 1 foot long strips in it. Double sided tape sticks them to humidor.

Has a lot of wiring and two brightness settings for the lights.

Bought from Costco. Were about $80 everywhere else , but they had them for $35.

Through out the package or I'd give you a name, but no complaints with them!

For the size of my cabinet, and how stuffed it is, I thought about adding in the novelty of LED lighting.

But then, I thought about two things - heat, and electrical shorts.

I already have a Cigar Oasis XL Plus in there. Needed an active humidifier for it, but still not completely assured with it being an electrical unit inside an enclosed wooden space, holding flamable consumables.

The added heat from LED lighting is not something I want. Plus, just many many added points (connection points, and individual LED's) where an electrical fault could potentially go very very wrong.

Maybe paranoid, I know. But what's the point of better seeing my stogies, which I can see just fine through the glass when I want to pick one out, if a fire issue happens and causes their loss?

Profmd-any heat issues? I figured LED would not produce any heat issues to be concerned with.

No I get next to no added heat.

My humidor is in the basement to start, so sitting at 65-67 is no problem.

The strip led lights are so small, you would be pressed to feel any heat at all from them.

• 2 weeks later...

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-6-Light-Black-Under-Cabinet-Xenon-Puck-Light-Kit-EC1333BK/202051199/

I have some of these that I put in my entertainment center I built for my game room and they work pretty well we also installed them in our kitchen under the cabinets. It's something that well made as long as you have a little time to install them they look nice.