CHILD 44 Trailer

MIKA27

CHILD 44 Trailer

I've seen two films by director Daniel Espinosa — the Swedish thriller Snabba Cash, and his American studio debut Safe House — and I enjoyed them both.

Child 44, his newest film, is an adaptation of the best-selling 2008 novel that stars Tom Hardy as a Soviet soldier trying to track down a child-murdering serial killer. Ridley Scott produced the film, which also stars Noomi Rapace, Gary Oldman, Joel Kinnaman, and Vincent Cassel.

A politically-charged serial killer thriller set in 1953 Soviet Russia, Child 44 chronicles the crisis of conscience for secret police agent Leo Demidov (Hardy), who loses status, power and home when he refuses to denounce his own wife, Raisa (Rapace), as a traitor. Exiled from Moscow to a grim provincial outpost, Leo and Raisa join forces with General Mikhail Nesterov (Oldman) to track down a serial killer who preys on young boys. Their quest for justice threatens a system-wide cover-up enforced by Leo’s psychopathic rival Vasili (Kinnaman), who insists “There is no crime in Paradise.”

• Like 1

Child 44 is the first part of a trilogy covering the life of Leo Dimidov and his family.

If you like crime/ spy thrillers then this if for you, I recommend reading the 3 books by Tom Rob Smith.

Child 44

The Secret Speech

Agent 6

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I watched Child 44 with my wife a couple nights ago and we loved it.

I hope they make the other two movies. smile.png

I loved how every actor really played their characters well, accents etc which sold the movie to me unlike the Tom Cruise flick Valkyrie which I liked the movie as such but what ruined it were Germans with British and American accents.

Tom Hardy here did a brilliant job in 44.