Firstly, love your post mate, great to hear you are looking forward to catching up with your family. Always nice to see people together.

I myself have a large family however that doesn't always mean you are close.

From my mothers side, I have a large group of cousins and I don't know why, but non of these are close to me despite my often inviting them over. Some people hate travelling for a visit and these guys are in the same state! rolleyes.gif You can call and invite as often as you like but you can't force anyone to drop by...

Anyway, I too love family and for me I figured I'd start afresh with my very own and have two amazing and beautiful kids to whom I try and teach 'The meaning" of family and for them to grow and network with cousins etc as they become older.

Let's not forget, family is not always blood, family can be close friends who do more for you than some blood relatives would do. ;)

On a positive note;

I met my wife's side of her family in Chile back in 2010, I was there for 7 weeks, travelling to Santiago, La Sarena, Vina del mar, Valparaiso, and EVERYONE there who were strangers to me made me feel loved and welcome in their homes. These people offered their own beds when we stayed over and one of my wife's uncles Tio Dario who lives in Valparaiso, after only knowing me for 7 weeks considered me a son and has given me land to build a house on should I ever wish to have a home there. It was a humbling and moving gesture. To this day we Skype and keep in touch and I do plan on having an apartment or house there to travel to.

I have a couple friends who are not related to me and I consider them part of my family. I would do anything for them as they would for me. A good example is Steve (OzCuban) here on the forum, my wife and I love Lucinda and Steve, and they are part of my family.

• Like 4

Firstly, love your post mate, great to hear you are looking forward to catching up with your family. Always nice to see people together.

I myself have a large family however that doesn't always mean you are close.

From my mothers side, I have a large group of cousins and I don't know why, but non of these are close to me despite my often inviting them over. Some people hate travelling for a visit and these guys are in the same state! rolleyes.gif You can call and invite as often as you like but you can't force anyone to drop by...

Anyway, I too love family and for me I figured I'd start afresh with my very own and have two amazing and beautiful kids to whom I try and teach 'The meaning" of family and for them to grow and network with cousins etc as they become older.

Let's not forget, family is not always blood, family can be close friends who do more for you than some blood relatives would do. wink.png

On a positive note;

I met my wife's side of her family in Chile back in 2010, I was there for 7 weeks, travelling to Santiago, La Sarena, Vina del mar, Valparaiso, and EVERYONE there who were strangers to me made me feel loved and welcome in their homes. These people offered their own beds when we stayed over and one of my wife's uncles Tio Dario who lives in Valparaiso, after only knowing me for 7 weeks considered me a son and has given me land to build a house on should I ever wish to have a home there. It was a humbling and moving gesture. To this day we Skype and keep in touch and I do plan on having an apartment or house there to travel to.

I have a couple friends who are not related to me and I consider them part of my family. I would do anything for them as they would for me. A good example is Steve (OzCuban) here on the forum, my wife and I love Lucinda and Steve, and they are part of my family.

Awesome! I have never been on a commercial air line and I have never left the USA I started a family young I am divorced But I have 3 children 2 boys 18 and 7 and 1 girl 14 they are awesome my 18 year old is brilliant if he didnt look so much like me I would want a DNA test !rotfl.gif

• Like 1