Built in humidor or should I just purchase a Reagan

fishordie

Good afternoon all,

I am new to this forum and found it while doing a search for building my own large humidor for home use. I have an inside wall closet I was going to convert. The dimensions are roughly 24 in. deep X 60 in. wide X 82 inches tall. With the price of Spanish cedar, electronics, etc. it is getting fairly pricey. I am wondering if just purchasing a Reagan, 4000 cigar cabinet, with all the electronics installed might be a better way to go. I do have room in my Den/Cigar room for this size stand alone unit. I am having a rough time getting more than 1 or 2 reviews of this product. Anyone have any experience with this item?

Also, I might just go with a non electric, stand alone unit, of similar size and then add 2 Cigar Oasis II magna units. As of now I have a stand up unit which measure 16.5 Deep X with a single Cigar Oasis II XL size humidifier. I need to add water about every 10 days during the summer but I am out of the country for 3 weeks at a time. This means I have my son or a friend come in at least once during the time away to refill. Thus the reason for considering 2 larger humidifiers as I assume this will reduce how often I add distilled water.

My goal is to be able to display as many cigars in their boxes, with lids opened as possible as well as have some shelves for extra boxes. I collect cigars as well as smoke daily. I tend to have on hand at least 1000 cigars at any one time. Though these units are rated for 4 - 5 thousand cigars that only occurs with closed and stacked boxes. The display portion mandates the requirement for a larger unit.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jamie

Thank you SK. The 48 and 60 inch commercial display units are two I have under consideration but by the time I add shipping to So. Cal, humidifiers and a bit of exterior touches I am getting upwards of the Reagan pricing and still not have the A/C portion of the device. There are also some nice cabinets out there, of similar size and shape, which are much cheaper in cost. My concern is the Reagan is probably a import which may or may not be have great quality in the elctronics but I really do not know. Thank you for taking time to answer so quickly.

I am still hoping someone has info on the Reagan.

Jamie

Aristocrat is top notch in quality and service. Once you get to a certain dollar amount, spending a few more bucks for the best is well worth it. I got my aristocrat last month and cant say enough positive things about it. It is truly a custom build. I got to choose the color, trim, shelf arrangement, door type, and the list goes on. All that considered, can you really compare money spent on a mass produced humidor at dollar for dollar. Custom built to my specs vs mass produced, I will always spend the extra money on custom. Lastly, Aristocrat has a 2 year warranty on their electronics. That offers additional peace of mind.