Coins and paper money collectors

I honestly wouldn't think so. Most money isn't valuable outside of face value unless its higher grade, meaning nearly perfect for newer coins and bills and lower grades for rare stuff that wasn't minted in abundance. If you wanted, you can always post some pics and one of the guys or me if I have time can look into it for ya.

I think for notes and coins of any currency to have any value at all, they usually need to have some anomaly from a particular minting run (missing date, typo, etc).

Normal notes and coins are issued in such massive quantities that they never really become rare, discontinued or not.

IIRC, someone sold a £1 million note, used internally by the Bank of England, not long ago. So, pretty rare (and annulled, obviously). It didn't sell for much at all.

I have been trying to collect notes and coins all my life and I still don't have much to show for it.

I tried to collect stamps once but I was told that philately would get me no where.

Ok I'm sorry I couldn't resist it. As a childless male in my 50's my avenues for the delivery of Dad jokes are extremely limited.

• Like 1