Any HKers able to help with some local info?

I have been trawling the net for a couple of items I want for an upcoming holiday (not cigars), and stumbled across a Hong Kong outlet mall's online site (not sure if it's OK to name them right now, but let me know). Their prices are pretty keen compared to what else I've been able to find, but I'm nervous - they can't take credit card payments from the UK (so no protection) and I'm worried that they might be peddling fakes.

Apparently they are the only outlet mall in Hong Kong, so locals are likely to know of them at least. Are they known to be reputable, or dodgy? I have also Googled reviews, but there don't seem to be opinions either way... and to complete the purchase, I would need to pay via Western Union or wire transfer, also a bit worrying...

Sounds very fishy to me, I don't see why they can't accept UK credit cards but willing to take Western Union.

Spend a little more and buy with confidence

Yeah, that might well be the way I'll swing on this one. But the main reason for asking is that it's a big operation, clearly very busy, and I can find no mention on the net that it's dodgy or well-known for selling fakes.

I have been trawling the net for a couple of items I want for an upcoming holiday, and stumbled across a Hong Kong outlet mall's online site (not sure if it's OK to name them right now, but let me know). Their prices are pretty keen compared to what else I've been able to find, but I'm nervous - they can't take credit card payments from the UK (so no protection) and I'm worried that they might be peddling fakes.

Apparently they are the only outlet mall in Hong Kong, so locals are likely to know of them at least. Are they known to be reputable, or dodgy? I have also Googled reviews, but there don't seem to be opinions either way... and to complete the purchase, I would need to pay via Western Union or wire transfer, also a bit worrying...

I once bought a pair of boots from an online store in Hong Kong, when the package arrived only thing in it was a anti-static sponge. Thankfully I paid via PayPal and they refunded my money and froze the store owner's account, citing international fraud. I'd say trust your gut, if at first it looks like a scam then treat it as such.

Ouch.

I have done a bit more trawling, and it appears that they don't sell fakes, just have limited stock and not 'real' outlet prices. Doesn't matter to me - they seem to have what I want, right size, but 23% less than anywhere else...

But I'm still very wary of the no-credit-card-payment options, and that will probably be the show stopper. However, I might hold off final judgement in case any locals have any opinions.