Pic of Shooter and what appears to be bait.

Actually, for some of those huge Trevally I hear about in the warm Pacific waters--that probably COULD be bait!! I hear the Christmas Islands hold some magnificent fish and is on my list of "must-get-to's."

Thanks for sharing my pic...Next time I'll try get something with a bit more size. (Story of my life!)

!LOL! It is a nice fish.

My son caught a nice Bass when we were at Harry's Hut about two months back. I will post a pic tomorrow as I would like to see the difference between the local wild Aussie Bass and yours. There is not much difference in size.

Nice pic Rob! I see a LOT of similarities between our "Largemouth Black Bass" and this guy (the fish--not the boy).

Another wonderful species we're blessed-with is the "Smallmouth Black Bass." They frequent cooler waters and prefer rivers with rocky bottoms. I have spent countless hours wading our Shenandoah Rivers (North Fork & South Fork) with fly-rod in hand in search of these fish. Super strong fighters they are. When you find 'em up North--say in Canada--you get some brutes (5lb plus) that really test both the fishermen and their gear.

There are some extremely tasty bass around our way at a place called Glenbawn Dam. Is regularly stocked by the local fishing club with Bass, Yellow Belly and Silver Perch. Awesome fishing during the warmer months...if they are on, fussy buggers.

• 2 years later...