My first trip to Cuba

Funky flights from Mexico to Cuba and then Cuba to Grand Cayman gave me the opportunity for my first trip to Cuba next weekend. For US immigration reasons (can you say eff you aholes) the wife has to go through Cuba to get here to Cayman.

We were planning my first trip later this year but as it turns out we can spend a long weekend sooner than expected.

Wife has been there many times but this is my first. I'm excited.

I've got a few hours to kill before her flight gets there so what should I do? The wife's fave shop is 5ta y 16 so I thought I would enjoy some smokes and let her meet me there.

Thoughts?

By the way enjoying a humid night on the terrace with a RASCC, Zacapa and Los Lonely Boys on the stereo.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390180,-81.404434

Are you landing @ Havana?

Like Keith said LCDH @ Villanueva has a very unique cigar lounge, full of character, so does Reynaldo who frequents there.

5 minutes walk away from Villanueva there's the Cafe O'Reilly on O'Reilly street, go straight upstairs and take a seat at the balcony (best view in Habana Vieja IMO). They make very good mojito and you can easily forget how many you've ordered.

Whatever you do you'll have an unforgettable time while you're there, cheers!

If you have never met Hamlet before then meeting him is an "experience".......I'm not sure whether he's still in the Partagas store or back at the R&J store now though.....I'm sure El Pres will know!

Hamlet is still at Partagas. If Reynaldos is not busy - ie, only one or 2 people smoking there, it is a decent spot to enjoy a cigar. If there is more than that, it becomes far too smoky and uncomfortable.

It can NEVER be too smoky. Lots of second and now "third hand smoke" (whatever the heck that is) is a very good thing in Havana. Might be uncomfortable if the a/c is out or the power. biggrin.png

It can NEVER be too smoky. Lots of second and now "third hand smoke" (whatever the heck that is) is a very good thing in Havana. Might be uncomfortable if the a/c is out or the power. biggrin.png

when you can't see the person sitting 4 feet across from you, your eyes are burning and watering, and it hurts to breathe, I think that is too smoky!