School's out. Old school's in!

Who would have thought? It is getting summery after all!

Again, we can go out and enjoy our beloved puro during a sultry summer evening.

Comrades get together to light a habano. At such times you meet an old love (I'm talking about cigars!).

Like this, I lately rediscovered the Punch Royal Selection No. 11.

Unexpectedly, a cabinet of this rustic corona gorda was presented and I could not refrain from placing it on my lips.

I had forgotten about this cigar and was impressed!

After checking some literature, this impression was confirmed:

• This in 2010 discontinued cigar was in 2010 rated with 4 bands (excellent) by the renowned French cigar magazine L'Amateur de Cigare.
  • Min Ron Nee has also raved about this cigar:
    "When well aged in a cedar box, this cigar can taste fantastic and exceptionally well balanced. The taste reminds me of sipping a well-aged Scotch whiskey. A favorite insider cigar among Hong Kong people who only buy and smoke exceptional first-class vintage cigarsyet pay ordinary prices "
  • Vahe Gerard, in his book "The World's Greatest Cigars" even makes a culinary suggestion:
    "This undeniably great Havana's flavorful complexity echoes its architectural simplicity. (...) Savor this great cigar after a meal of grilled sea bass with a fruity white wine, on a fine summer's evening, outdoors. Unforgettable."

From time to time you can find this one in cigar shops. The one I smoke was from 2004 and I ordered myself a new box of 2007 (which is also not that bad I presume).

Now I only need to find a nice recipe for grilled sea bass smile.png