Quintero -Favoritos (Oct 2012)

RG: 50

Length: 115 mm

Handmade, using short-filler tobacco

I admit I'm a fan of Quintero. The Quintero - Brevas is clearly one of my favorite cigars. Although it is not always an optical appealing. From the age of about 7 years, I find it extremely balanced, aromatic and delicious. So I am glad that now a (short) robusto cigar of this brand is available.

Optics:

The cigar comes in a classic Colorado. The somewhat ruder wrapper has individual thicker veins. Furthermore, the structure of the second wrapper is partially visible. This underlines the impression. In my opinion, this corresponds to the brand image.

Coldsmell:

The cold smell is surprisingly mild. I would have expected to find a certain part ammonia in such a fresh cigar. Instead, the cigar smells distinctly of milk chocolate and light roasted flavors. Aromas of fresh sawdust and fresh bark emphasize the positive impression.

Quintero-Favoritos2.jpg

The foto was taken from my cigar-blog.

1st third:

The cigar starts right delicious. Distinctly nutty with a sweet aftertaste. The light toasty aromas of freshly toasted bread emphasize the sweet impression.

2nd third:

In the middle area, the cigar developed typical Cuban wood notes, but without losing the sweet tone. Additionally added lightweight aromas of fresh herbs.

3rd third:

The wood notes increase towards the end again. The cigar is becomes more and more spicy and the sweet impressions disappear completely. Strong roasted flavors come to the fore. This reveals a slight aroma of mint. That impression I haven't had for awhile.

Burning, ash:

Typically for a Shortfiller the cigar burns very evenly. Only towards the end a slight misalignment fire was developed.

The brown-gray ash with dark stripes forms a deeply cracked, flaky surface.

Thanks for posting this

Great review and pic's

I was gifted one last month. The one I tried the cigar started off well with similiar flavors that you mentioned. But I could taste the youth towards the final 3rd. I got a feeling that these will be good cigars for the $$ with a little aging.

I am sorry that the Favoritos are currently only sold in cardboard boxes each containing 5 cigars. I think that bundles of 25 cigars would be better. Similar to the Brevas.

I will repack them into old cabinets and store there.

I am sorry that the Favoritos are currently only sold in cardboard boxes each containing 5 cigars. I think that bundles of 25 cigars would be better. Similar to the Brevas.

I will repack them into old cabinets and store there.

They are sold in cellophane wrapped bundles of 25 too. The bundle is then packaged in a cardboard box.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that information. In Germany, I've seen only the cardboard boxes with 5 cigars. Maybe I've visited the wrong shops. thinking.gif

We bought the last handful of boxes at Pitter Heinrich's next door to you in Kölle recently and they came in cardboard boxes of 25.

Gruß / Nino