Traveling to Hawaii from continental U.S.

We will be traveling from our home in the Southwestern US to Hawaii later in the year. I have performed some research but I can't find a clear answer to whether I will have issues with any government agency searching bags as part of their agricultural restrictions (or any other initiative, for that matter) and confiscating CCs they may encounter.

What experience do you have entering Hawaii with CCs?

Thanks very much!

Joe

Thanks, guys.

What does the process look like? Are there inspection routines (similar to returning to the Country from an international visit)? What I've read is that there are agricultural inspections with random bag searches to ensure their crops are not contaminated through various means.

Thanks, guys.

What does the process look like? Are there inspection routines (similar to returning to the Country from an international visit)? What I've read is that there are agricultural inspections with random bag searches to ensure their crops are not contaminated through various means.

post-9032-0-95233700-1360534638_thumb.jp

I got married in Hawaii and took some cigars (cc's) but didn't have any issues. I can't recall the specifics on the Ag stuff but that didn't pertain to me since I wasn't bringing anything in or taking anything out. I know that Puerto Rico has a similar policy with the agricultural stuff but it's been a few years since I've been to either place.

Joe, I wouldn't take your glaucoma medicine on the plane if that is what you're asking. I would just wait and get your 'prescription' filled in Hawaii. lol3.gif

I got married in Hawaii and took some cigars (cc's) but didn't have any issues. I can't recall the specifics on the Ag stuff but that didn't pertain to me since I wasn't bringing anything in or taking anything out. I know that Puerto Rico has a similar policy with the agricultural stuff but it's been a few years since I've been to either place.

Joe, I wouldn't take your glaucoma medicine on the plane if that is what you're asking. I would just wait and get your 'prescription' filled in Hawaii. lol3.gif

Now that's some funny stuff (oh my poor ailing eyes!!!) LMAO!

No, nothing like that. I am specifically questioning cigars, and if, because Hawaii seems to have some strict importation laws (aimed at produce, or livestock disease carrying articles), bringing my CC stash in could get caught in a random search. From what several of you have said, it seems to be a non-issue.

Thanks, fellas.

Joe

• Just got back from Mexico. Brought my own sticks kept the bands on, no problemo. As for travel in the US, I have a friend who used to be a high ranking TSA official in a US airport. He said no one would even think to check the origin of a cigar.