Cohiba SigIII

My intro to the Cohiba SigIII Monday night was not at all pleasant… I clipped it with a single guillotine cut, lit it with a cedar splint, and from the start it was like sucking an extra thick shake from McD’s.(I KNOW I’ve got a case of internal ‘roids now!) There was actually more smoke issuing from the foot than I was getting on my end… after relighting three times I finally chucked the stick even though it wasn’t even half gone. I may as well have been smoking a Chihuahuan Caca de Perro!

What happened? Did Lisa dip into Mr. Gargett’s private humi or was this, dare I say, a plugged one that slipped through!? I’ve NEVER had this happen before.

Thoroughly enjoying a SigI last night restored my faith in the line, but as for me, you can keep the III’s!

Easy there big guy. Don't give up on the whole Sig.III line because of one stick.

I also hate working to smoke a cigar and have chucked a few sticks myself. I have sampled the Sig. III from three different boxes and year classes and have not had that problem with this vitola. I have had draw problems from a few older Sig. V.

If you have another let it dry a little.

I do have a couple more tucked away Mel, and will indeed take your advice.

I guess I was wondering as much why or what happened... I know that's terribly subjective, but I've not had a smoke perform so poorly.

I'll revisit this one with some age.

Hey Freefall, Let me tell you my cry story.

I scored a box of 1992 Sig. V. I pulled one out and sat at the pool for the high point of my life. Cut it and attempted to draw-no luck. I thought fire might open it up-No Luck!

I cramned a poker down that thing until I split the wrapper. I tossed it with less than one inch burned . Several in the box have been tight but when they draw they are very fine.

Good luck, and don't wrestle wi no cigars.

Guest Sailor

Don't judge them by one. It's a ten second draw test, one, then a second. If it's good, it stays, if not, it flys. I had two back to back about a week ago. A Bolivar PC from '98 and a a R&J Exhib #4 from '00. It says a lot about the times rather than the cigars I figure.