Vacation smokes

I am visiting a friend for a few days and can smoke as much a I want, which will be an awesome vacation. I am trying to figure out the mix of cigars I'll bring for us and it boils down to this: Would you want 3 of five different cigars or 5 of 3 different cigars? All of them are your favorites.

You'll be spending time with a friend, only ONE friend who smokes cigars? Curious as to why you're thinking in terms of three.

If you share your cigars with your friend and each time you two light up you smoke the same brand, then you'll have one left over if you've taken three.

Next time you light up, the choice will have to be made as to who gets the left over cigar. If it was a great cigar then one of you will constantly be wondering why he (?) ended up with something that may NOT have the same incredible flavour profile.

If this is a holiday for at least one of you, then there may be a remote possibility of alcohol being present. This is where things get a bit dicey.

How stable is your friend when he feels slighted? Is there the slight chance that a big hairy fist may approach your dental work at the speed of light only after you've only finished the first third?

Hey, I'm just asking because I know that with MY friends, after a few hours of power drinking, someone is usually heard uttering the phrase, " I never liked you!" This is why we ALWAYS have a recording device located at a strategic location in every room on the off chance that legal representation will need to know ALL the details before 911 was dialed.

Will you be in a foreign country and will your health insurance ALSO cover rebuilding your bite? No one ever wants to hear the words MASSIVE and RE-CONSTRUCTION linked together when discussing your emergency dental situation. And another thing to keep in mind, a prosthodontist charges waaaaay more than a regular dentist. I, for one, wished it wasn't so but THOSE guys are ALWAYS driving the hottest cars.

When you return home you'll be greeted with a whole brand new set of problems as you explain to your boss or friends why your face is in a sling.

All of this can be avoided. Its so easy.

Take 2 cigars of each brand. You'll have great memories of the stellar cigars you smoked and many emails will be sent back and forth as you reminess about the memorable time you spent together. Great friends should be cherished and I think its OK to tell your buddy that you love him. It can be done THIS way:

You can look into your travel humidor when you're sitting together and say that you tried this certain cigar one day at home. You only bought three initially but after tasting the complex, ever evolving Cuban tobacco, you KNEW in your heart that you needed to share a moment smoking the last two with the greatest cigar buddy you've ever known.

A relationship moves forward, offers of new and exciting employment with untold financial reward are now on the table. Decisions have to be made as to where to build your dream home and although you may not have the time on your hands, designers and art dealers will NEED to know if you'll be moving into an art deco environment or something considerably more modern. Keep in mind that these are only 2 design choices and there are many to choose from.

This new phase you'll enter is something you dreamed of when you were a child, you KNEW it would happen, its almost as if you could TASTE it as you sped through your teen years and tearfully blew them a kiss goodbye as you entered the work force. The bitter sting of filling out your tax forms, taking out the garbage or even changing the channel on your television are tasks that are now behind you because you're a WINNER and you now have people who take care of those petty details for you.

How grand life will be when you wake up each morning to the sound of a bluebird chirping outside your window, to the sight of maidens prancing in front of you as they toss flower petals in your path wherever you go and WHY did everything all unfold in this incredible way, you may ask?

BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT TWO CIGARS OF EACH BRAND!!!!

Just sayin'

Heading down to Florida for a couple of days of fun and sun. I am visiting a good friend who enjoys cigars but is not really an afficianado. I know that my 2012 Boli PC's, 2011 JLO1 and RASS are smoking best of all my CC's and I thought it would be a good chance to just enjoy a few marcas, to get to know them better. You guys have given me some good things to think about, maybe I'll bring 5 BPC, 5 JLO and then 1 each of five others just in case the mood strikes for them.

"Just sayin'' ?

Holy cow! Great answer.

Who knew you could take a college course on how many smokes to bring on holiday!

I always seem to bring too many cigars. OK, maybe I shouldn'y say 'too many',

but I never seem to smoke near the number I intended too.

15 smokes for a 'few days' leaves not much time for anything else I'd think.

He's a friend that I send smokes to for his birthday and occasionally bomb during the year. I was thinking that as a token gift for hosting me I would just leave whatever smokes we didn't have that week.