Happy 2013

So, here we are in the new year, picking up where we left off not even a month ago......

Rob asked for no comment, but I thought it important enough (and have incriminating pics) that I thought I'd post here.......

Call me dramatic if you like, but as a moderator, I'm done with the crap. Friends of Habanos, look in the mirror, because what happens here reflects on you. Be a part or not - it's up to you, but if FOH doesn't meet your standards, do us all a favor.......

I speak for no one but myself.

"No one is more tired of tidying up threads than the mods over the past 5 days. If only respect to the rules of the forum, the mods, the community were shown in equal parts when posting. We really don't ask much.

When any one member contributes they are contributing as members of a community.. This week alone I have been drawn in to a host of petty debates that I did not believe I would ever see. I certainly won't see them again as tolerance has reached a nadir.

You show leniency and you are called a coward. You edit for the sake of sanity/goodwill and you are slighted as a the reincarnation of Hitler.

I have shared meals with many of you in your house. There is no way I would ever go out of my way to goad your friends and guests.

I suppose that is what has disappointed me most this week. Great friends, good friends, long term acquaintences all at different times putting themselves, their beliefs, their right to "being right" above the forum, above the respect for others.

So this is where the line has been ruled in the sand. I can assure you not by a"Nanny State Nazi". Christ...many of you know me personally and know that prudism and I are not exactly bed partners.

Yet the basic concept of when you reply to a thread you "raise the bar" escapes a few here. The world is full of whingers and turkeys and in life I don't associate myself with them. I won't give them oxygen here either.

Mind you...bag HSA, bag their decisions etal...no problem. Bag a cigar...hell I do. Bag a fellow member, bag an author/book publisher, or a reviewer each of whom only seeks to promote discussion and understanding of this passion that is cigars and I want no part of you in this house, our house."