Picked Pickled Peppers

Overproof

My first attempt at some pickled jalapeño's. My plants coming along perfect, hopefully I'll have enough by the end of the year to do another 4-5 bottles as Xmas gifts.

I pickled with equal parts water and apple vinegar then boiled it up and added sugar, rock salt, whole black peppers, bay leaf, dried chilli flake and some olive oil.

Tried some this morning, they tasted great but a little too crispy. I'll have to leave them add them to the boiling mix earlier next batch. I'm hoping they'll soften up in the bottle over a couple of weeks.

post-13704-0-67470900-1351505977_thumb.j

Awesome!!!!! I agree garlic is a great addition! I have planted my peppers before right next to garlic and both take on flavors of the other.

Once you have eaten your peppers, save the pickling liquid and add some hard boiled eggs for pickled eggs!!!!

Thats a great idea Braz, never had pickled eggs.

I think for the next batch, rather than using chili flakes I'll use these small and super hot birdseye chilli's I'm growing.

All my peppers grow in big pots due to soil in the area and position for full sun..Id like to grow some garlic.