Electric Humidor Reviews

Hello,

Is there anyone out there using a Monolith 1200c or Liebherr sx200 electric humidor? I'm looking for any reviews, additional product info or any info on comparable humidors. I've read a handful of reviews online but there really aren't too many available.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in market myself for a THC controlled humidor and have been researching them for about two months; the Monolith 1200c, Liebherr sx200, the Aristocrat THC line, and the EuroCave Cigar humidor. The Monolith 1200c has gotten good reviews for capacity, and pricing though I have read about it having problems with its electronics regarding the accuracy of the displayed readings. In two instances the owners ended up putting their own digital hygrometers in the humidor. It is very popular to the extent that most retailers are only taking "back orders" for them at this point in time; I can verify this because I contacted the distributer here in Japan and was told that unless I wanted a 220V version of it I would have to wait until next year for delivery. The Liebherr sx200 has a great reputation but has a very limited capacity, also not cheap given it's size. The Aristocrat THC line seems very well respected for both the build quality and performance. The only complaint I've heard is that the delivery time for them can vary from the original stated delivery time. But each humidor is custom built and this could explain the delays. Pricing wise they seem to be a good value if you don't mind the wait. Lastly there is the EuroCave Cigar Humidor, great company reputation, fairly good capacity, but very, very pricy; think $5,000 USD give or take a few dollars. My own opinion is that all four humidors seem capable of doing the job of providing a controlled environment; I do admit to being a bit cautious about the Monolith due it's very attractive price. But I'm one that always thinks of the adage "You get what you pay for"; so it's really a question of your criteria. Between all four I favor either the Aristocrat THC line or the EuroCave and between these two it's only a question of whether you like a contemporary design (EuroCave) or a traditional furniture design (Aristocrat). Myself, I've ordered the EuroCave.

Hope the above has been of some help.