Powering Fans for Wineador

Evangundy

Hey guys,

I am in the process of putting together my wineador (vinotemp 28). I have some computer fans (Cooler Master Computer Case Cooling R4-L2R-20AC-GP) but am not sure how to power them together. I am not too gifted in the electrical department, but I could twist wires together if that's all it needs. I just need some directions. Also, is there a power source or way to power all 3 fans by 1 power source?

Thanks for the help!

Guest leanderdsilva

Using Molex connectors is the best. Also be sure to keep a small space between the fans and the wall for air intake.

Guest leanderdsilva

You can use a 3 pin Molex connector. You will find these connectors in any electronics shop. Although, I am quite sure only two of the wires from the fax will need to be connected. The third wire is for some other purpose. Are the wires red, black and yellow?? If so, the yellow one is of no use and it can be cut.

For power, AC is the best. I'm not too sure how to go about doing this. Ask Martin(Jspechabano), a member here. He made quite an impressive fan system some time ago.

Guest leanderdsilva

Just saw the last part.. all three fans can be connected to the same power source. Not sure if you can directly connect them to power source...they might fry.

Hey Leander and EGundX, U can use Ac power or battery power to hook up the fans in your wineador. AC power would be best though and you could probably get all 3 fans wired into the wineador's AC power supply system. You just have to find your AC power wire and connect it with your fans and connect your ground wire to the wineadors ground. You have to make sure how much power the wineador's emits though in order not to fry your fans. Easiest way is to check the manual and then if need be get fans that can support the power. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask and if you can give me some more info I can asnwer your questions better.

CHeers,

Marty

You can also power your fans with an external power supply that goes directly into the power outlet using a 12 volt power supply. Just run thw fan wires to the power supply, then run the wires out the back of the wineador plug it in and bada bing it works. U can also buy a timer and plug it in so that U can control when you want the fans to turn on and off and for how long. I have something like this in my humidor.

I have used an external fan connected to a timer! This helps circulation when the vinador is dis-conntected in the winter. Pigfish has an excellent write-up on use of a a digital temperature control which helps regulate power in the summer when your vinador is cycling on and off.

I highly sugegst using an adjusable voltage convertor, available from many dollar stores, or any Radio Shack/Source/online electronics. By varying the output voltage you can not only control your fan speed, but can also compensate for load (1 vs 3 fans).

Like this:

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/switching-ac-dc-supply.html

If you want to get fancy, you can plug the voltage convertor into a digital timer, to turn it on exactly when you wish, for a pre-determined amoutn of time.