Going to Cuba for the first time

Ok gents very simply it's my first trip to Cuba and I'm going with my lovely lady and a bunch of friends. So I was just hoping for a recommendation on a great all inclusive resort to go to. Nothing less than 4 star, 5 star is great but not too too pricey because a lot of my friends are cheap. Anyways. The trip is just a fun get away unfortunately for me where I'd want it to be all about cigars. But non the less I will have a good time and I love vacationing. Ok so facts now are simply a good resort, close to a beach, and in veradero. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. now I know food in resorts sucks but if there is any resorts with a good restaurant around or in it let me know please.

Me and the lady stayed at Sirenis La Salina in Varadero last year and we had a great time.. Mind you it was in an " off time " of year when we went so it wasn't too badly priced ~1550cdn taxes in for the both of us... This resort is MASSIVE so if you don't enjoy a decent walk I wouldn't recommend it.. We were booked through Nolitours and from what I understand is they get the nicer rooms closest to the beach, we had a great time met some fantastic people and took the bus into Varadero twice that week, there are a few LCDH in Varadero and I did the majority of my shopping in the LCDH on Calle 63.

Just returned last Tuesday from Varadero. This has been my fourth trip. The last two years my wife and I have stayed at the Iberostar Varadero. We stayed at other resorts but this was the best one for me. The food and accommodations were top notch. Hope this helps.