Desktop Humidor

TexAg

Check out the Vector carbon fiber textured humidor from KGM Humidors. Mine is 4 drawers and holds approx. 90 cigars. It has a magnetic seal so it's tight. Glass front of course. I use the PUCK for humidification.

• 1 month later...

I know you are in Texas like myself and a few others, unless you keep you house cold all day and night during the Texas Summers, I highly recommend foregoing the desktop route, and looking into a Temp Controlled unit, or a Wine Fridge customized unit.

If your budget is low and you don't have a ton of cigars to store, go get the Emmerson 8 bottle wine cooler (temp goes up to 65F, which is perfect) for $80.00 and throw some beads an some cedar trays in it and you will be happy. (that is until you outgrow it)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know you are in Texas like myself and a few others, unless you keep you house cold all day and night during the Texas Summers, I highly recommend foregoing the desktop route, and looking into a Temp Controlled unit, or a Wine Fridge customized unit.

If your budget is low and you don't have a ton of cigars to store, go get the Emmerson 8 bottle wine cooler (temp goes up to 65F, which is perfect) for $80.00 and throw some beads an some cedar trays in it and you will be happy. (that is until you outgrow it)

Completely agree about getting a temperature controlled unit unless you have a cool dark location in you house. Also how ever big you decide to get at least double that. I am now on my third large desktop humidor and the only reason I haven't bought a huge cabinet is because my wife would kill me and bury me in a field.

I have to agree with the other posters regarding the wine cooler as well. I have both a 150 capacity Daniel Marshall desktop and also an 18 bottle NewAir thermoelectric cooler. The Marshall humidor is beautiful (zebra wood), but not as stable as the cooler.

I have enough heartfelt 65% beads in the marshall to sustain a unit 3 times its size, and according to multiple calibrated hygrometers, it tends to run in the low 60s no matter what i do. This was after extensive seasoning with sponges over the course of several weeks. Likewise, the cooler is so much larger that it has more room for beads and hence more buffering capacity against rh swings. Even in SoCal I appreciate the temperature control and to be honest, they're a great combination, because the lower humidity of the desktop is perfect for my nearterm ready to smoke stash while the cooler is for longer term stuff.