cheapest way to make a 50 ct desktop humidor?

hardrock86

So I never have more than 50 cigars here at once, in fact I usually buy them to smoke them the same week. However, Id like to start buying more to keep on hand so I dont have to order as frequently.

Just wondering what the cheapest way is to make a functional desktop humidor I can keep on my desk....can I just buy some cedar and nail it together in a box? Or is it more complicated than that? Just trying to save some money that I can use instead for the cigars. I know they have coolidors but those are much larger than I have room for and I dont need all of that space.

Thanks,

Honestly...for 50 cigars that you don't plan on aging long term, you really don't need a traditional cedar lined desk top humidor. I'd go with something along the same lines of the coolidor, but different.

Go to your local supermarket and get a Tupperware or Rubbermaid container. They come in various sizes and are virtually air tight. Put your cigars in one of these babies along with some Boveda packets or humidity beads and you are set. If you want the cigars to be exposed to cedar, but the cigars in the container while still in their cigar boxes, or break up the cedar cigar box and line the bottom of the container. Quick, simple and inexpensive.

Oh...if there is a plastic smell coming from the container when purchased, make sure to wash it out with a mild soap and water combination and let it air out. Don't use any heavily scented soap.

Good luck...

Honestly...for 50 cigars that you don't plan on aging long term, you really don't need a traditional cedar lined desk top humidor. I'd go with something along the same lines of the coolidor, but different.

Go to your local supermarket and get a Tupperware or Rubbermaid container. They come in various sizes and are virtually air tight. Put your cigars in one of these babies along with some Boveda packets or humidity beads and you are set. If you want the cigars to be exposed to cedar, but the cigars in the container while still in their cigar boxes, or break up the cedar cigar box and line the bottom of the container. Quick, simple and inexpensive.

Oh...if there is a plastic smell coming from the container when purchased, make sure to wash it out with a mild soap and water combination and let it air out. Don't use any heavily scented soap.

Good luck...

What humidity packets from Boveda would you recommend? 65, 69, or 72 for a tupperware container?

What humidity packets from Boveda would you recommend? 65, 69, or 72 for a tupperware container?

Honestly i prefer the humidity beads, but boveda is still a good option. For tupperware i would go 65 IMO .. i keep all my cubans at 65. For a 50 count.. just throw in 3, 65 packets and your good to go for about 2 months. I think the 69 is more for the NC, and 72 is just too high IMO.