Couple of newby questions

mrhuh

Thanks for reading!!

I received a sampler pack, in a small wood box, today; should I take out the sticks and put them in my humidor or leave them in the box and put that in the humidor? It probably does not matter, but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Also, some of the singles I bought had some white, fluffy ??? on it. I know I have read thats not a big deal at all; I just wiped them off with my fingers, anything else I would need to do?

I've smoked throughout the years, but have never been very serious, until now!

My humidly is at 72%, I've actually taken out the packs I have in trying to lower it. I was going to purchase some beads, as I've read those work well, but I figure 72% is not too bad.

Regards!

I did not want to use the m(old) word, but, please correct me if I'm wrong, remember I'm learning, white mold = no big deal, black mold = BAD!

I have to wait till tomorrow to pick up beads, please tell me 1 night @ 72% is not too bad.

I honesty thought I should of been around 70%, so I seasoned the desktop humi @ 86% and then dropped in 2 75% humi packs.

My biggest thing on that high of humidity is the sticks won't smoke worth a crap with that much moisture, tryin to smoke those will be like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose

Understood, I've been able to lower to 70%, I took out all humi packs I had inside, it's quite humid in Maryland this time of year still. I've ordered 2 puck-ifr 100's and it will be about a week. I will watch the humidity daily and if gets much lower, I will put the humi-packs back in.

I always keep my sticks between 60% and 65% IMO 70% is a bit on the high side.

Now, I'm convinced that 60-65% rh is proper, but why if I may ask? I would figure a higher humidity would keep the tobacco soft and somewhat moist but not too moist.

Thank you for the education, greatly appreciated. I've ordered 2 puck-ifier 100's. Currently, I've taken out all humi devices, I'm @ 68% RH, so I do feel perfectly safe awaiting my next order and to read the reviews.