2011 Warranty seal-anyone seen this one?

KarlJ

Trevors site indicates the seal is 35mm. X 118mm.

This one is 36mm. X 118mm.

All the corners are cut at a 45.

Still has the hologram and florescent mark under UV.

The ones on trevors site have square corners and there is a bit of white paper between the warranty seal and the hologram, this one the corners are cut at a 45, the picture on the warranty seal run right into the hologram and the seal is 1mm wider?

Anybody?

post-9784-0-95753100-1317146846.jpg

post-9784-0-00695700-1317146892.jpg

Enjoy your smokes and don't overthink it!

I do have a tendency to over think a matter. This wasn't a Czar purchase so it was received with a bit of skepticism.

I should also state that the box is stamped LOR MAR 11.

it is a box of 10 RYJ short churchills. I've only smoked 1 and it was on the mark. The warranty seal just seemed off the norm. a little. Also the barcode had been removed and the seal did not fold over the box on the center of the cote of arms, not even close! BUT it did smell, taste and smoke right. -Karl

I applaud you in your tenacity and your determination in finding out if those suckers are fake or not.

Thanks for the lesson.

Thanks, I like your thinking!!

I didn't know what the hell to say? Honestly if you don't think about it than what's the point of the "suspect cigar" section? Atleast I got some pictures up for future reference and those seeking the same answer I was. -Karl

Wow! Talk about coincedence. I just happened to buy a box of RYJ Shorts from a local shop a few days ago. (I should note I know the owner over 20 years) Box was marked BUL MAY 11. I experienced the same exact thing with my box. Corners were cut at 45 and the bar code removed revealing the Tabacuba seal underneath. My seal didn't fold at the cote either. I'm always skeptical, but I never seem to find any indication The boxes are fakes. Unfortunately, my iPad won't let me upload my pic. But, I'm glad to see other with same experiences. This is just another way to validate that our instincts are correct.

Thanks for the post

Dino

• 2 weeks later...

Last April, I bought four boxes at LCDH in Varadero, and three of them had these seals and holograms. The cigars were all spot on, though my Partagas serie P No. 2 were underfilled by my reckoning, but they were definitely genuine. I opened up all the boxes in the store, and smoked a Robaina Unico in the coffee bar upstairs, and I had no worries.

Thanks for posting this...

Ryan

I do have a tendency to over think a matter. This wasn't a Czar purchase so it was received with a bit of skepticism.

I should also state that the box is stamped LOR MAR 11.

it is a box of 10 RYJ short churchills. I've only smoked 1 and it was on the mark. The warranty seal just seemed off the norm. a little. Also the barcode had been removed and the seal did not fold over the box on the center of the cote of arms, not even close! BUT it did smell, taste and smoke right. -Karl

I understand...for me it takes the fun out of the entire process. When you order from the Czar...I never spend a second thinking the legitimacy of the smoke...just how much I enjoy it!