R.Gonzalez

Maron76

Wondering about these cigars because the band differs from what is on Trevor's web site. Plus they measure a little over 1/8th inch short, not sure how big of a deal this is though.

dsc00319ki.jpg

Different Band

dsc00315c.jpg

A little short

dsc00321cc.jpg

dsc00322kfj.jpg

What do you guys think???? I also seen Trevor is looking for a band from this brand, I wonder if this could be it?

Checked Habanos web site with the code from your box.

The product is original from Habanos S.A.

HSA: 10.6089.23.0190

Descripcion: RAFAEL GONZALEZ PANETELAS EXTRA CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

Great thanks! When I checked the other day I got that stupid error message. So I am guessing they have a new band??

They must have recently changed them; if your box code checks out then they're authentic. I just checked my two boxes, both JUN 10 but from different factories. One has the old bands like on Trevor's website (lighter color, unembossed, with Gonzalez on both sides), and one has the new bands like your box (darker, embossed, with Habana Cuba on the sides).

Even if your box hadn't had a code, who is really going to fake RG PEs anyway? :coverears:

They must have recently changed them; if your box code checks out then they're authentic. I just checked my two boxes, both JUN 10 but from different factories. One has the old bands like on Trevor's website (lighter color, unembossed, with Gonzalez on both sides), and one has the new bands like your box (darker, embossed, with Habana Cuba on the sides).

Even if your box hadn't had a code, who is really going to fake RG PEs anyway? :coverears:

Soo True.. It is a value brand and most "fakes" are geared towards the higher end brands...Cohiba, Monte, Partages etc

Rafael Gonzalez have always been a rustic looking cigar. I believe they are machine made as well

In the interest of correct information, these have been handmade since 2002. But yes, they always are quite rustic--definitely don't reach for these if you're looking for a beautiful looking cigar!

Wondering about these cigars because the band differs from what is on Trevor's web site.

post-1158-1311286313.jpg

This is a new band, which I am now designating as Band B.

Plus they measure a little over 1/8th inch short, not sure how big of a deal this is though.

This is normal....all cigars shrink in length by 2 to 3mm.

What do you guys think???? I also seen Trevor is looking for a band from this brand, I wonder if this could be it?

Yes, I do need this band as well as the early type A band. :coverears:

BTW. Currently handmade TC (short filler tobacco) since c2002 is correct.