new wine cooler humidor

CM125

I receiveded a new air 28 bottle wine cooler about 4 days ago. I also received a pound of 65% heartfelt beads the same day,. The smell of plastic was strong, I had read on the form to was it out with soap and water which I tried several times the smell was still there not quite as strong. I also read baking soda and water did that, this also helped. Plugged it in cut it on and it was very quite running cut it on the highest setting which is 66 degrees which it got their quick. I still had a smell of plastic I put an open plastic bag of unused coffee grounds and a bag of baking soda. The plastic smell was gone.

I put half pound of beads on the top and half pound on the bottom. For a day it has kept 65% humidity in lower to middle part of the unit the upper quarter is 66% humidity. It has held 65 degrees with two different gauges have checked the whole unit and it all is 65 degrees. I just put my cigars in the Spanish cedar boxes. Your collection looks small when you move from a 100 count humidor to this. I have 3 boxes in it now and they are NC when I get something in there worth showing I will post pictures. I am extremely happy with the unit at this time. Curtis

I receiveded a new air 28 bottle wine cooler about 4 days ago. I also received a pound of 65% heartfelt beads the same day,. The smell of plastic was strong, I had read on the form to was it out with soap and water which I tried several times the smell was still there not quite as strong. I also read baking soda and water did that, this also helped. Plugged it in cut it on and it was very quite running cut it on the highest setting which is 66 degrees which it got their quick. I still had a smell of plastic I put an open plastic bag of unused coffee grounds and a bag of baking soda. The plastic smell was gone.

I put half pound of beads on the top and half pound on the bottom. For a day it has kept 65% humidity in lower to middle part of the unit the upper quarter is 66% humidity. It has held 65 degrees with two different gauges have checked the whole unit and it all is 65 degrees. I just put my cigars in the Spanish cedar boxes. Your collection looks small when you move from a 100 count humidor to this. I have 3 boxes in it now and they are NC when I get something in there worth showing I will post pictures. I am extremely happy with the unit at this time. Curtis

Curtis,

I got mine up and running a while ago, but I went and purchased some spanish cedar and put in on the shelves and along the sides. I think it will go a long with with keeping the humidty more stable. To me, it wasn't that expensive and I thought it was a good idea. If you would like some more info, send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

The smell of plastic came back after a few days with mine I had to wipe it down with vinegar two times and then leave it open for about 24 hours. Everything is good now I put some Spanish cedar shelves in it and RH is running a steady 65% and 66 degrees with no condensation. since I got it set up I am happy wiith it. Curtis