new Cigar cooler

CM125

Since posting the other day as a newbie I guess I jumped in all the way. I just purchased a New Air 28 bottle cooler. Without the posts from yall I would not have done it I need some help now on RH beads. The size of the cooler is 28HX17WX20D. how many beads do I need and what RH level would you recommend. I guess it is time for more cigars I do not mind this shopping. Thanks everyone for the posts. Curtis

A pound is fine...Get the 65% ones, Heartfelt beads are a good choice. Now, just a heads up when using a thermoelectric wine coolers. When it runs, it will put out it's own humidity due to the fact the plate facing inside the unit gets cold and creates some condensation. My Aristocrat THC humidor does the same thing. So, ur humidity will most likely be a little higher than 65%, but its no big deal. Any humidity range from 65-70% is fine. Get a Hygrometer with temp reading too because the setting on the units are usually off...Hope this helps

Chris

A pound is fine...Get the 65% ones, Heartfelt beads are a good choice. Now, just a heads up when using a thermoelectric wine coolers. When it runs, it will put out it's own humidity due to the fact the plate facing inside the unit gets cold and creates some condensation. My Aristocrat THC humidor does the same thing. So, ur humidity will most likely be a little higher than 65%, but its no big deal. Any humidity range from 65-70% is fine. Get a Hygrometer with temp reading too because the setting on the units are usually off...Hope this helps

Chris

Chris it helps out a lot. I may have another post when I get it up and running. I just ordered a pound of 65 RH heartfelt beads. Curtis

Cool, I also went to a wood store and got some spanish cedar planks to make shelves when I had my wine cooler set up. Think they were about 1/2 inch thick. cut them and they slid in the grooves. Gave off a nice smell and helped with humidity as well...