Memorial Day

TMS36

Since Memorial Day is the official start to the BBQ season in the US, especially in the North East, what is everyone grilling this weekend? My wife and I are doing the traditional casual cookout for about 25 neighbors and friends:

Hot Dogs - check!

Bugers - check!

Potato Salad - check!

Watermellon - check!

Keg of fresh Blue Moon beer - check!

Will try to snap some pics, have a great holiday weekend everyone!

I am still on the fence with this. I was actually staring at the meat in my garage and thinking.....I need to do pork, chicken, and beef.

So for the pork should I do ribs and a butt, or should I do ribs and a loin, or ribs and a shoulder in the smoker?

Beef is definitely going to be a brisket in the bbq.

Chicken I am thinking tenderloin strips on a stick for the kids (replaced hot dogs, way more fun to eat and a ton of variety options between marinades and sauces) on the grill. Also, wings&drummies in the smoker.

I will probably throw out some sausage links somewhere on the bbq.

Once I figure all that out I can get to work on the sides, for instance beans, corn on the cob, slaw, corn relish, and deviled eggs tend to be a staple but maybe it is time to change it up this year.

In the end so much to think about and so little time to get it all straight. One thing I know for sure, rum and coke, beers, margaritas, and cigars will be abundant so in the end food may not matter much

Grilled wings, grilled tenderloin, grilled shrimp, grilled scallops, and of course burgers and dogs. Don't get a three day like this in my business very often. Spending the weekend at the jersey shore. If I'm sober enough I'll take some pics. Be safe everyone. And please remember our Vets and the men and women serving our country.