H. Upmann Regalias

redlir

Ordered a box of H. Upmann Regalia's with my latest Partagas CE purchase for an alternate every day smoke.

Box code is MOA MAR 10. Construction is decent, not a lot of oils in the wrapper ( not that I expected much) but it's a nice dark golden brown.

Aroma at cold is just a nice tobacco flavor from the wrapper and a bit of a sweet smell from the foot.

Smoking one ROTT ( they only came by truck 5 hours next day). Just a club soda as a pairing.

Just clipped the cap and the draw is perfect!

First 3rd is a nice and easy. Touch of cream here and there ( texture) with a nice light (muted perhaps) sweet taste. Marshmellowy powdered sugar? Not strong but there on some nice tobacco flavor.

Burn is fairly even, zebra striped ash.

Second third. Still much of the same... the sweetness picks up a bit and the mild starts to approach under medium. Some hits were very creamy on the back of the palette with a light hit of pepper for contrast.

Thirds third... moving into medium. Getting a little young in flavor ( for obvious reasons lol). Still some sweet, a load of pepper and some woody notes.. bitter grassiness before snuffing it out.

All in all a pretty decent cheap smoke. I'll let these rest a bit in the humi

• 1 month later...

I have a box of MOA ABR 2010 that I purchased a few months ago. Tried one off the truck that was good as well. But tasted a little young. Will have to fire up another one soon, to see how they are progressing.

• 4 weeks later...