Get Low

bassman

Nice little period drama. Robert Duvall as usual is a gem, but I am really impressed by Bill Murray. IMHO, he's much better in dramatic rolls than comedy.

I liked this movie a lot. Duvall's speech at the funeral was great. It reminded me somewhat of the confessional scene in "Paris, Texas," probably just because of the references to fire.

Regarding Murray . . . he's pretty good in both, don't you think? Perhaps, because he seems to be pretty picky about what movies he's done over the last 15-20 years, and those have been dramas, he seems better in dramatic roles. However, I still think he's very funny.

Best,

p

Best Bill Murray movie has gotta be Groundhog Day, followed closely by Caddyshack.

Get Low.. it was an alright movie. The actors were great, but the movie just wasn't what I expected.

I had a few friends who talked it up after they saw it in theaters. So, it may have made me too critical.

I'm a hug fan of Bill Murray's recent acting. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is one of my favorite movies.