Havana Fishing

PoohBore

I'm off to Jibacoa, Cuba in October and would like to sort out a "deep sea" fishing trip.

They are readily available in Varadero but the taxi cost and the charter are a little steep for me.

Does anyone know of any charters in the Jibacoa area ?

I was thinking of a telescopic spinning rod to try from the beach but having never fished on my own before I don't have a clue where to start.

Thanks !

I'm off to Jibacoa, Cuba in October and would like to sort out a "deep sea" fishing trip.

They are readily available in Varadero but the taxi cost and the charter are a little steep for me.

I was thinking of a telescopic spinning rod to try from the beach but having never fished on my own before I don't have a clue where to start.

Thanks !

Photo photo for those us in the Numi.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks !

Amigo PoohBore: I've been in Jibacoba and love fishing. The time you're choosing to go for fishing it's a bad one. The fish run with the seasons. Oct. Nov. are good to fish from shore, a telescopic fishing rod is OK as you'll get only small fish from shore. Nothing bigger than 8", with luck maybe a little bigger. Use shrinp pieces and try the east far end by the rocks. If you are at Breezes of Jibacoba, ask for Luisito, el maletero, he loves fishing and will take you on his day of to the right spots to get some action.

• 4 years later...